Saturday 10 September 2016

Creative Journey - Entry 1

In this entry to my creative journey I will cover my research and planning into previous music videos.

In class we looked at two music videos, Bad Romance by Lady Gaga and Formation by Beyonce. T analyse these video correctly, as they were deemed as rich texts, we looked into semiotics (study of signs) and Ferdinand De Saussure. Doing this further research allowed me to gain wider knowledge on media theories as well expand my ability to analyse a media text.

In Bad Romance I uncovered the message behind the song, about how Lady Gaga felt she had been treated by the industry. The video depicts a form of prostitution and this represents how Gaga feels the industry works.

Beyonce's Formation is a call to action regarding the civil rights movement currently taking the US by storm, Black Lives Matter. She does this through referencing Malcolm X and certain scenes aimed to highlight police brutality.

No comments:

Post a Comment